Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Returns: Part two

It's been 5 months since my last writing, Fact: being an azerothian is addicting, but I somewhat enjoy my progress, never felt that it's a drag. It takes like 3 months for me to get to max level and realize that it's just a fraction of what can you do in this game, so as a PVE person I began gearing for heroics, doing dailies, and maxing professions, as a RDF user IMO Cata dungeon are challenging at first but it's getting easier as you progress and geared up. I pretty much complete all heroics dungeon and always crave for more, not very much though since I only can play for like 4 hours a day before sleepiness attacks

Speaking high level heroics I also experienced another type of interaction, I already told you that I'm a casual player with limited playtime (except on weekends) and takes anything in game lightly or moderately, well the fact is other people doesn't do as well as I do :))

Some bosses on heroic required mechanics that I called 'dancing' (since I'm a melee DPS) it requires me to constantly moving in and out some areal buff or deadly attacks from the bosses, failed to avoid, complete, and/or reach these mechanics 99% resulting in instant death and often brings the group to a wipe, The difficulty and needs of inter-role communications on the last two hard-mode 5-man dungeons are somewhat point-breaking for some people, the PUG groups are bound to have some difficulties when stressed out players begin to lash out on other player due to wipe or other people inabilities on some bosses mechanics (whether they're deliberate or innocently honestly don't know about the mechanic), take a look at Jindo the Godbreaker's fight where you must kill some continuously spawning ghosts while avoid meteor-like deadly attacks from the boss, not only that, you must use some bigger ghost attacks to actually damage the boss (and you in the process) so there are various way to get killed in this fight, thus nicknamed him Jindo the PUGbreaker

Tank and Healer got it the hardest since they are the main players often looked as leaders on PUGs (especially tanks) the sheer numbers of adds can be overwhelming for a tank, the spreading mechanic of some bosses and the little awareness of some players can lead to a frustrated healer, not to mention when a DPS busy surviving and resulting of a drop of DPS, it often leads to a 'shouting' match and blaming each other, I've seen a fair number of dropped groups which left me alone in the dungeon only to reque, got another wipe (due some mistakes), another rinse and repeat name-calling and shouting, group dropping and I was left alone again,

I'm not bragging about how I survived all those shaming and name-calling, I personally never dragged myself into a drama by insulting or pointig out other player even if it's the truth, IRL I'm one of those short tempered person, well not quite easy to anger though (except where it's work-related which goes down to life-related), it was kinda sad really that a regular hello on start can results in a bunch of F and S words, Some people blame the mechanic of Random Dungeon Finder where you grouped with someone from another server and little chance that you'll ever see them again thus Gabe's Dickwad's theory, some people said the it was some 'elitists' who ruined the game by expecting the 'casuals' to do as they told and some 'elitists' blame 'casuals' from being lazy and refused to learn some bosses mechanics

At first I researched these things and found a big unbridgeable gaps between the 'elitists' and 'casuals' but as I progressed into the content myself I realized something: All these issues, rages, debates was born from the inabilities to take everything in your own limits. For example: some high level heroic dungeons have half to an hour to clear, some people like to take it slow when other tend to gogogogo through, the first step is to understand the quality of the groups, probably by taking out the first trash mobs or conversating at the start of the run, I always said a quick hello at the start, trying to make gesture as a happy casual player, if anyone replies it's a good sign, when no reply it's usually the sign of a really long and bad run, tank like to run through without looking at healers mana? DPS occasionally steal aggro? bad mouthing healers/tank who good at their job? It all goes down to one single question, can you adapt? Can you stretch your patience? Was it worth it? Is it beyond your limits? If it is simply says sorry and drop group and not another word (reque if you still feel fresh for run, never if you burned out), if you're the confident type you can try to walk on their pace without losing your heads even they occasionally points and shaming you, and hope that everyone will kick you or they'll drop group and you're ended up with someone better :D

Nevertheless I RE-learned something that I learned a long time ago, some people attitude can be frustrating but it's a choice whether to debate about it or go on without it, an ironic thing since I occasionally lost it in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment