Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Being Saleh: No More Corpse Run

When I logged on yesterday there's one thing that surprise me, apparently in the latest patch Anet decided that Corpse Run (rezzing in the waypoint when defeated in a dungeon) was not working as intended so they changed it so that all of your party must be out of combat (or wiped) before you can ress yourselves on the waypoints

Later on my surprise become a thought as I stared at my character lay defeated on the dungeon floor, just lying there waiting someone in my party which kiting subject alpha all around, rezzing someone on Subject Alpha is 89% suicide, because of all the dragon tooth and ice stuffs, no place is safe when encountering Subject Alpha, previously I can rezz on the waypoint and get back quickly to rejoin the fight, but now? I'm just staring at my screen, feeling useless, defeated has become a punishment

I'm not a dungeon crawler although I love them dungeons, since the beta I have seen how dungeon works: you're defeated, nothing is lost, just rezz on the nearest waypoint, "go back and rejoin the fray", a line I used to tell dungeon newcomers to encourage them that defeated is not a punishment, it's just costly, and the journey back is it's own challenge. But now it seems like Anet has changed the basic rules, and I didn't see the benefit of it, now I don't know how many PUG starters got scolded because half of the party has to stop their DPS and ress them in risk to get defeated themselves.

"It's okay to die" rule has become "don't die" rule, and I expect nothing good will came of it, unless dungeon is now intended to the elites and not casuals

No comments:

Post a Comment