Saturday, January 18, 2014

Being Saleh: Why this thing even here?


So I just found out that a private ISP has a more interesting offer on a monthly fee, but apparently they're not even covered my city? There's like twenty different cable provider out there but nothing touched my city, So what's their ad running up and down in some corner of my town? Why they're even there? I was wondered they have some kind of ISP mafia in here in this town (Spoiler: Yes there are)

In Final Fantasy XIV you got attribute points for leveling up, you can spent it on every major attribute (STR, VIT, etc), anything you like, the question is: How viable are they? If I'm as a tank can spent every attribute on INT (spell power for mages) why can I do that? It's not a question of what would I do, the choice is there, even the 'wrong' ones, if I can be scolded by my group for spending my 30 points on MND (healing spell power) why the game gave me a choice to do that, and if the attribute points are not viable, why it was even there? And there's also abilities you can import from another class, like cure from conjurer can be exported to my Paladin, but it didn't scale up, because apparently there are Cure 2 and Cure 3 (which can't be imported) so a 40 HP cure against 1200 minimum physical damage from an enemy is ridiculuous, if I can slot this thing in my ability slot, why this thing even here? I'm a paladin, I should be able to self heal in some amount, also why the hell there are ROLES if I can spend 50 points STR on my pally, and still won't be able to outdamage DPSer, yes because I'm a tank, good answer, thank you, so, why do I need INT again?

On some other game however it was meant to be a trap, in an F2P MMO called Perfect World (yes, from that Perfect World company) you can spend your attribute points wrongly because of the unclear description of each attribute, it will make your character so underpowered that you must reset it, and in order to reset it you must buy an item on their cash shop, well since it's an f2p game, what do you expect? Even in Guild Wars 2 they can avoid this by retuning their double stat skill trees over and over again

Of course it's a different thing from Final fantasy XIV, but still i have a feeling that the dev tested me, 'oh okay you spent everything on your vit, you're cool, the one that spent eveything in MND are fails'... what? Yes it was me daydreaming but still why the wrong ones is even there? It was another matter with rotation, there's a clear instruction of that. You see: WOW takes 7 years to keep class on their tracks by eliminating rolling need on a gear that wasn't meant for the class, segregating the attributes by labeling it: "this stat is not useful for your class", reducing the weapon types so now hunters can't wield everything (monks can :P), why can't Final Fantasy XIV just... you know... being better than it by eliminating the bonus numbers and giving us something more... I don't know, innovative? Awesome? I really want some cool talent tree though that can suited my tanking style (which is bottom rock).

No comments:

Post a Comment