Saturday, August 25, 2012

Being Saleh: Less than 24 hours...

...And I can't sleep (again), Guild Wars 2 will launch in 12 hours and I still agitated, seems like every cell in my body screams to Anet: "Release it now!" Why? I don't know, probably because it's weekend and I find all my usual hobbies become a stalemate before the launch, so I'm just gonna wait and hope that the three-- hours-- ---earlier-- open-- server is a truth.

So I'm gonna write random things, such as: not many people liked GW2, why? because it's chaotic and different, my friend got thrown off when fighting as an elementalist because he didn't realized that he has no mana and can cast while running, and he SHOULD BE running because ten centaur stampeding towards him is no big joke. As a mesmer I still curious about how my health depleted to zero in seconds because the unpredictability of a battle, and as a melee mesmer my curiosity doubled every time I leveled up, will everyone one shot me when in Orr? Will I'll be forced to play ranged in later time? Will I ever get my Gur'thalak? (wrong game). But my sword has some cool design (drifted off by shiny things), Guild Wars 2 just have too much surprise and some people just really like predictability, like rotations... and trinity system....

I also realized the 'addict' factor on Guild Wars 2 is unusually high even for me, even way beyond my WoW and RIFT experience, WoW did put me off on Patch 4.1 where I must grind troll dungeons, they introduced Raid Finder on 4.3 and I quickly sprung back to life, even when my chance of winning items has gone I ran it almost everyday. I logged on RIFT whenever there are invasions on three top level area for like two-three hours per day. Both of this hype never falters, I just simply stopped playing because there's nothing else to do there except one thing I like, one, and if I keep playing I'll burn out in no time with no new contents on horizon. I stopped played RIFT solely because I want to give myself a break before Guild Wars 2 (Real Life factor actually matters much here when I stopped playing, I just have to get out there)

On Guild Wars 2 my hype factor reinforced by two things: one, my old guildmates coming back, two everything is new on Guild Wars 2, the newness factor can hold on for three months but the guild factor can hold fast (we're casual, so we're kinda like having each other numbers and send dirty text messages...yeah no... ) I wonder how many hours I'll be playing on opening time, my best bet is eight before I collapsed in bed and completely skipped playing the day after =))

The continuity of my Lineage 2 journal, Being Saleh will now become my notebook about Tyria, and about how a Charr sing

No comments:

Post a Comment