Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The End of a Saga

Apparently I never logged in to the City of Steam for last weekend, not that I'm lazy or anything, but because I found this:


This is a seven hours movie compilation for Xenosaga Episode 1: A PS2 Japanese RPG from the year 2002, It's a huge and long story, filled with memorable and colorful characters, the company that made them called Monolith Soft (MLS) which helmed and crewed by several Squaresoft (now Square Enix) ex-employees who worked on Xenogears. It was released under Namco's (now Bandai Namco) flag and called the most ambitious Japanese RPG project at that time, It ended prematurely (from six to three episode) when Namco pulled the plug and sold MLS to Nintendo.

The thing is Xenosaga is watchable and also playable, since the cutscenes makes the most of the game, I think it's probably the best game ever created on  PS2, although many people will dispute me, I partially blamed the shifting interest from Turn Based RPGs to a more action games on those years, and the 'company profit vs idealistic projects' attitude

I sincerely hope MLS will continue the story of Xenosaga someday, it's huge, and when it continues it'll be even bigger than Bandai's .hack series (wonder why it's still continue, and spawned several movie and animes), the company already have a new project called Xenoblade on Wii platform, it gained a solid 9.0 on Gamespot, and yeah... it made me want to buy Wii

No comments:

Post a Comment